Monday, July 18, 2011

B2ST’s hit song “On Rainy Days” Banned in Korea



                 Fans might have wondered about B2ST member Yoseob’s tweet on July 18, stating: I think I’m going to start singing children songs. I need Tylenol. This is just too much. Sigh… we can’t perform with this song, agh

                This was due to the news that the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family has released yet another list of songs that they’ve banned for content believed to be hazardous to the youth. And B2ST’s “On Rainy Days” is one of them. A line from the song goes: I think I’m drunk, I should stop drinking.” Believed to suggest ‘drugs’ and has negative influence on the youth.

           The list also included:

Baek Ji Young’s “I Can’t Drink
Jay Park’s “Don’t Let Go
After School’s “Funky Man
Heo Young Saeng’s “Out the Club
X-5’s “Fantasy
4minute’s “Heart to Heart
DJ DOC’s “Joy and Pain
MBLAQ’s “Again
Kang Seung Yoon’s “You’re My Heaven
SECRET’s Song Ji Eun’s “Going Crazy

Banned songs are reported not to be aired before 10 PM KST through radio and television, and cannot be sold to minors under the age of 19.


My Personal Opinion:

Heck no! Goong’s Original Soundtrack by Stay “You and I Are Fools” (당신은… 나는 바보입니다) Also has a line saying: Because of my pride I'm ruining myself with alcohol’ but I never heard it being banned. Another of B2ST’s hit song “Breakdown” has a line: With the alcohol I consumed yesterday, I try to hold onto my sore insides as I open my eyes’, but it was not banned.

                All I’m trying to say is; I guess it depends on the listener on how he’s going to take what it means. And it’s down to parents to guide their kids properly on the right and good things to make in life.

                Music knows no boundaries; it’s a universal language that everyone speaks. It’s a kind of art without a limit. There are other worst songs that deserve this kind of judgment. I guess I just felt a bit of injustice since my favorite song “On Rainy Days” which give me inspiration is one of the things that other people consider “offensive”. I’m just saying.


Credits: korea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment